[bksvol-discuss] O.T read this and when can we get firefox?

  • From: "robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:20:19 -0500

Read this and I tried it and the wbbsite read it. Hi to the list.
I had run across an article in a tech news publication and found this quite
interesting.
Many times, as a matter of convenience, you may copy information to your
Windows clipboard to paste into a web form.
Even something like a credit card number, to save having to type it out.
With an exploitation of Java script, a hacker could grab the information from
your clipboard and you would never know it.
To demonstrate this, copy anything to your clipboard, part of this message for
instance.
Then go to
http://www.friendlycanadian.com/applications/clipboard.htm
and you quite likely will see the contents of your clipboard right on the page.
If you're running Firefox, you will not see the clipboard contents because of
that browser's minimal java support.
This site is harmless and is just a demonstration to illustrate that clipboard
contents may not be 100% private and to use this Windows feature with caution,
at least when using the Internet.
Block quote start
Block quote end

ad_images/SGImage1

If you want to share pictures, use the calendar, or start a questionnaire
visit
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/real-eyes

To leave the group, email:
Report abuse