[bksvol-discuss] OT: question about AT&T Natural voices and other voices - using them on Windows 7

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 00:07:22 -0500

Has anyone successfully installed an AT&T Natural Voice, using a version they got for an XP and/or Vista system, on a Windows 7 system? I'm not sure I want to just toss it in and hope it works, but if I can do that without having to rebuy a new version for Windows 7, it would be great. We just got a new Windows 7 laptop and I'm hoping to move my TextAloud with the AT&T voice over to it, because its processor is so much faster.

Also, if I have to buy over, any thoughts on the quality of the other voices available that work with TextAloud? Are they as good as or better than the AT&T Natural voices? The options I have are RealSpeak voices, Acapela voices, and the Cepstral voices.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Judy s.