[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: pies

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, boy!! However are you going to decide who gets
what? I'm one of those people who has a terrible time
making up my mind, and always wants a little bit of
everything.

In one of the historical novels I've been reading, I
read about a custom of putting something into a pie or
cake. Ijust did a little research. An Albanian and
Irish custom is to put a coin in the pie or cake and
whoever finds it will have good luck for the next
year.  Or one could put a ring in the pie and the
person who finds it would be the next person to get
married; of course, if that person is already married,
I don't know ow that would be interpreted. smile--jave
a long and happy married life, I suppose.

Cindy

--- Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm making 2 pumpkin pies (one with sugar, one
> without sugar for the diabetics in the group), and
> the other couple is planning on 2 apple pies, 2
> berry pies, and 2 other pies that I've forgotten
> about.  Custard maybe?
>
>   Thanks for your best wishes!  I've been conveying
> everyone's wishes to her, and she's shocked at the
> number of people who are being so nice, since she's
> not only never met any of you but never even emailed
> anyone.  She sends her heartfelt thanks to everyone!
>
>   Carrie
>
> Kasondra Payne <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>                 Carrie,
>
>   I hope all goes well with your daughter�s
wedding.