[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: pet peeve -- poor editing by a publisher publisher

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 19:13:06 -0500

LOL -- yeah, but you know how groups work -- you don't always get to pick your nickname either! I'm grateful that as nicknames go, it's something boring and repeatable in polite company. Not all of them were. ;-)

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 4/13/2016 7:05 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:

I knew there had to be a story there with your passion for grammar and spelling. LOL I knew about the multiple Cindys, but never heard of the multiple Judys, let alone Judy S.’s,

Sorry you drew the short straw; I think I would have used a handle or middle name. ;-)

Valerie

On Apr 13, 2016, at 6:06 PM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Why, the lower case is done expressly to annoy you, m'dear! (LOL)

It's a long boring story, having to do with multiple Judys who all had last names starting with an s on a list back in the ancient days of the internet. I drew the 'short' straw (nudge, nudge, get it? Short? Lower case s is "short" compared to uppercase?) and acquired the nickname thereby of Judy s. with a lowercase s. See? Boring. I told ya. ;-)

Judy s.