[bksvol-discuss] OT: pet peeve -- poor editing by a publisher publisher

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:47:13 -0500

If you can all excuse a 30-second rant?

I wish publishers would hire editors that understood basic English grammar. When a surname, or family name, is "Simons," the possessive is never "Simon's." I'm working on a book that has that error in possessives for surnames that end with an "s" throughout the original printed book.

Instead of an accolade, I'm awarding this publisher a "Smack-o-lade" -- 10 smacks on the hand with an old wooden ruler by a grammarian.

Grr.

--
Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>