[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: people's reactions and stpid questions

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:15:25 -0600

Good point, Cindy.  Sometimes we can be too sensitive about questions.  I
always ask what a baby's name is when I meet oone, and asking if you can pet
a dog is an intelligent question.  It is the "dummy" questions that get to
me.  One time I went to  a job interview, and the man interviewing me asked,
"How do you coomb your hair?"  I wanted to say, "I use a comb and brush,"
but of course I wanted a job so instead I explained that I could tell by
touch when my hair looked okay.  I smiled when I said that, and got the job.

Sue S.