[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: people's reactions and stpid questions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 02:27:34 -0800 (PST)

Jusst for telling a child it's being rude? I've also
"helped?" parents by telling children, in a grocery
line for example, to stop whining. They shut up really
fast and stare at me. I hate whining. And/or to stop
fighting, when the siblings start tussling. I get the
same reaction. So far I've had not flack from parents,
but then, I don't live in New York. smile I
think,though, if a parent told me to mind my own
business or not to inerfere with their children, I'd
say something like, if you can't handle your own
children or teach them how to behave in public,
someone has to.

Often, though, just looking straight at the children
who are messing around seems to work.

I didn't realize gide dogs had signs not to touch. I
think that's a good idea. If someone then asked to pet
a dog, or tried to without asking, I'd ask if they
know how to read. Without the sign, though, I think
that's whyh some people do ask if it's all right. They
probably wonder if it would interfere with the dog's
work; I'd feel that way. But then, I wouldn't ask a
blind stranger if I could pet his/her dog.

Cindy

--- Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>