[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: nested parentheses

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 02:26:07 -0500

I turn my punctuation off so I would not catch them. So I ought not to inflict them on others. (grin) It is my tendencies to creatively write catching up with me. We had to diagram sentences in school and it stuck with me. As a result, I can spell well and write sentences which actually work. But I like flourishes and the parentheses are just one more (grin).

At 02:20 AM 12/5/2006, you wrote:
Why avoid them? I've been thinking I should use them
more than the double-dashes (em dashes) that I use so
often. I think the parentheses might be less
confusing. I suppose, though, I should avoid both?

Cindy

 Oh dear I will