[bksvol-discuss] OT need some help with the summer reading challenge

  • From: "Doug Maples" <wdmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 00:45:25 -0500

To all Bookshare volunteers...

Our daughter, Nichole, has been participating in the Bookshare summer
reading contest for school-age kids. The idea is to read as many books as
you can during a specified time frame. That time frame ends next Sunday,
August 15. All the books are supposed to relate to a specific state, in one
way or another. We have had a problem in finding enough books for her to
read that are not massive in length. We are trying to keep them under 90
pages. Believe me, it is not easy to do any kind of search and find the
books that mention a particular state or city within that length.

We have found a number of books with no page numbers or page breaks, so you
don't know how long it is until you download it and open it up. They can be
very time-consuming when searching for books. If any of you can think of
many books that you have scanned or proofread that are 90 pages are under,
mention some state or recognizable city that you can figure out which state,
would you please let me or Valerie know. We would really appreciate helping
Nichole finish out the final week of the contest with a chance to win. She
is really enjoying reading and has been very excited with this project.

Thanks!
-- Doug Maples

Please write OT or to my or Valerie's private e-mail. -- Thank you very
much.