[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: my dog & chocolate story

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:57:30 -0500

And if the trash contains chicken bones the dog can get splinters in its intestines and die from it. Folks this is no laughing matter and dog crates are readily available at pet stores and from catalogs. Again I say that you would not leave your three year old alone in the house to explore and you owe your dog, who knows no better, better care than this or should think about whether your life is too busy to adequately care for a animal who depends on you.

E.

At 09:31 PM 11/22/2005, you wrote:

I guess you can only test the patience of a dog--or
person--so far.  He managed to resist the temptation
for two days.

Did you check with your vet? If he's a big enough dog,
probably  one and a half pieces won't hurt,  at least
won't be fatal, but I'd check with the vet.

I had lunch today with the owner of the brownie-eating
dog. She walked past her kitchen yesterday and noticed
a large black thing standing at the sink. It took a
few seconds before she realized it was her black
poodle, Reggie. She went in to find him eating a
package of orange spice muffins. By the time she got
to him, there was one left. She was interested that he
stayed standing at the sink eating them rather than
pulling them onto the floor where you'd think it would
be easier.

And when my daughter and her husband came home the
other day from work and opened their back door, their
dog came running downstairs and would not go back into
the house. Finally they went into the house and
discovered that somehow  Charlie (female) had gotten
into the trash and spread it all over the floor
looking for something good to eat. Clearly she knew
she had done wrong and didn't want to be around them
when they discovered what she'd done.

Boy, dogs are as much, if not more, trouble than
children. And as lovable, too. don't remember any of
the dogs I had when I was growing up doing such
things. smile. I'm glad I don't have any to worry
about now.

BTW, Kasondra, and is it Julie? How are your
pregnancies going? Are you feeling better? I just
found out that I'm going to be a first-time
grandmother in May. I got my daughter some natural-tpe
lollipops that are supposed to help morning sickness.

Cindy