[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: message for Lora

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 02:14:44 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for the good wishes.  I had surgery on Thursday, and came home on
Friday.  I'm taking a week off, and I keep telling myself that I probably
won't need all of it, but I'm still feeling weak and exhausted much of the
time, so I suspect I'll take the entire week off.

I freaked out a lot of people at Kaiser, because I was driving that IV stand
around like a pro.  They kept asking if I needed assistance, and I kept
telling them no.  It was kind of funny.

As hospital stays go, it was nice.  They gave me an IV pain pump, and let me
self-administer.  They gave me a private room, which I really didn't expect
while on Kaiser insurance.  And they gave me fish and chips for dinner.

By the time I left on Friday, I felt human again, at least, and they did a
good job of making sure I knew what I needed to do to take care of myself.

They said bedrest for the first few days, which I've done, and that I should
slowly begin to work my normal life back into things over the next week.
I'm going to say that includes validating.

Lora