[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: medical thrillers

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:46:35 -0500

Hi, Sue.

There's Patricia Cornwell; her books are a combination of mystery and medical thriller with some psychological aspects to them. Several of her books are already on Bookshare, but a few could use a rescan.

F. Paul Wilson is another doctor who writes a pretty good medical thriller. some of his books verge on the horror, but this is mostly because he concentrates more on the aspects of human nature and what happens when power and technology get into the wrong hands rather than traditionally scary subjects. He wrote The Touch, The Select, Implant, and a few other medical thrillers I can't think of. He also has a mystery series featuring Repairman Jack. I think a few of his books are on Bookshare, but I'm not sure which ones.

Stephen White also writes mysteries where a psychologist helps solve crimes with his detective friend. I think I saw one of his books on the Step 1 page a month or so ago, so it might not be in the collection yet.

Oh, and there's Kathy Reichs, she writes about a forensic anthropologist that is always getting caught up in deadly crime solving. Several of her books are on Bookshare as well. Cindy validated Cross Bones by her, so I know that one is at least excellent quality. <smiles>

HTH,

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>