[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: inside the Color Me Beautiful book

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:49:15 -0500

Hi, Monica.

Even if you know what colors look like, it's still hard because they are coming up with so many new ones. It's either that or they are changing the names of colors to make it seem like they are being more creative. <smiles> I'm thinking of a color I remember that was once called Mint Green and now is referred to as "Sea Foam Green," and there is probably another name for it now. Plus there are just so many interpretations of the same color.

I agree that being able to choose styles and colors independently is crucial to identity. I think having the basics down is a good start, that and finding someone you can trust to help you shop.

I'm lucky because I have fairly casual, simple tastes, but it's neat to know about accessorizing because it can spruce up even a boring combination like jeans and a sweater.

Lisa

Look at it this way,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>