[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: infant cataract surgery

  • From: "Gail The U. S. Male" <gail1959@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:29:46 -0700

some key words here are observe, feel, and ponder. I had a small bit of
vision when I was younger, a pinpoint was what the doctors called it. I was,
and am totally blind, but I could see shadows, primary colors, *shades of
blue, for example I couldn't tell, but blue versus green I could* I also had
light perception, which meant I could see light, and I could tell you if it
was a table lamp, or floor lamp, or ceiling fixture, and whether it was the
long fluorescent lights or just incandescent bulbs. I've totally lost that
ability now, and it frustrates me to no end sometimes, since sighted people
quite often forget to turn the light off after they leave one of my rooms.
Then the neighbors make comments like, "Did you know the porch light has
been on for three days now?" No, I didn't, or I'd have turned it off. all
the light probes I've seen, I can't hear, since I also have a high frequency
hearing loss. That's something I've never understood. Why they thought that
if you made something for the use of blind people, it had to be high
frequency!