[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: how to detect boiling water

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 10:12:11 -0900

Like I said, I haven't made candy since going blind.  As for the drop
test, I never really *looked* at the result, it was much more how the
cooled product felt.  My concerns are more with things like not
touching a hot pan by accidentally bumping the side while stirring, or
getting the small amount of mix needed for a test rather than knowing
when the stuff is done.

Even when I could see I had very poor awareness of body position for
things like the stirring mentioned above.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx