[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: heavy books

  • From: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:06:08 -0500 (EST)

Smile, they are actually already being sold.

check out www.aph.org for all kinds of really cute and neat ways to make
Braille fun.

Actually.

Is only one site.

I just found a Braille rubrics cube, am so excited, can't figure out the
logic yet, but am excited that I can try.'

Is called a K Ball and is sold by

www.braillegifts.com

Unfortunately is only brailled and has colors.

But still an awesome toy!

Best Practice says that any and all activities the sighted kids are doing
the blind student should be doing too, just in a different medium.  So
reading allowed as the kid follows along, letting the kids explore blocks,
and find Braille labels in the house, playing Braille games, drawing and
"scribbling" with Braille.

Now... most parents don't know Braille or how to teach it, and ... there
aren't usually enough hours in the day for most TVI's to do the in-depth
training that they do know is needed for a beginning Braille reader... so...
that is the state of things.

Anyone want to be a Teacher of the Visually Impaired, and get your tuition
paid for, smile, visit
www.wmich.edu

Smile, is a great program can tell you, smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com