[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: coyotes attacked a 2-year-old girl and lunged at a teenin Rye N.Y.

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 22:14:05 -0400

We have a coyote population here in Pennsylvania as well as Bears skunks, and some others. Feral dogs are the biggest issue though when it comes to live stock. Coyotes generally like small stuff, cats, rabbits and the like, they generally leave livestock alone.

The one thing I find a bit scary about the coyote attacking a two year old, is where was this, if during the day then that wasn't a healthy coyote, or definitely knew where food was.

We don't see them, have seen a couple of bears but live by the motto, I don't bug them they don't bug us.

You should if you want to keep your pets safe, and besides if you were a responsible pet owner to keep pets, dogs and cats in either a covered kennel or else better yet in the house where they belong, smile. And keep your food bines covered, do not leave pet food out, pets should be fed again in a covered kennel or in the house.

Another good book which is also in the collection is

Coyote: The Stranger in Our Mitts which points out how common Coyotes are, even though most people can't believe they are there.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>