[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: children and learning

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:02:16 -0800 (PST)

Gail,

I hope we keep in touch long enough to find out what
your children decide to do with their lives. Sometimes
it takes a fairly long time, though. My elder daughter
seemed interested in medicine,m i.e., watching the
Brain on television and liking biology, but she told
me "no way" she'd ever be a doctor--no way she'd go
through that much school. Not until she finished her
undergraduate work and worked for a year in a bio lab
did she decide to go to medical school--and then,
because she didn't take much science as an
undergrad--she was a psych-bio major in her last two
years, undeclared before that--she had to take the
necessary pre-med science classes for two years before
she could apply to med school--and she didn't get into
one her first year but tried again  and succeeded--so
she was 32, I think, before she was able to go into
practice. (I lose track of time).

Cindy
--- "Gail The U. S. Male" <gail1959@xxxxxxxxxxx>