[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: article on Optacon and Jim Bliss

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:03:06 -0400

I used my Optacon to study Japanese in college.  It's easy to read the
simpler characters with it.
I use it all the time to look at print music.  I used to transcribe music
using it, but now with a program to scan and translate music, I use it to
fix the inevitable errors.
And I'm using it to look up specific passages in the book I'm scanning, to
answer my own proofreading questions.
I find it invaluable.
Tracy