[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: article on Optacon and Jim Bliss

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 13:16:47 -0500

I don't know how to contact him, but the Optacon helped me through some trying times in my life. I had friends who used it for just little, simple things. But I read books and magazines (for the first time I knew what advertising looked like in a magazine), checked out statistical symbols (X-hat), learned the shapes of Greek letters and which ASCII symbol to use to mean "divided by" in an equasion. I no longer have an Optacon (mine died years ago), but I would still use it if I did. There are so many things it did that all this other technology (wonderful as it is) doesn't come close to doing.

I hope the Optacon 2.0 is developed. Many people may consider it a relic of the past, but it is still unique and useful!

Sandi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>