[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: amusing scanno

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:00:07 -0800

The first book I validated - which I hadn't scanned - had a fellow named Villam in it, but the guy's scanner turned the name into Villain several times. I'm not sure if the autocorrect was trying to fix what it thought was an error, or if it was an actual scanning error, because it wasn't consistent either way.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 12:07 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: amusing scanno

It was supposed to be "company," and was hyphenated at
the end of the line--but how "company" became
"cornpaws" I have no idea. It's interesting to imagine
corn with paws and then to imagine a lady of Queen
Mary's court in the middle, doing something or other.
smile

Cindy

--- Julie Morales <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm! What was that supposed to be? Yikes! <smile>
Take care.
Julie Morales
Life is a gift from God. What we do with it is our
gift to Him.