[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: a very useful device for transferring files

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:42:00 -0400

You can get them everywhere and cheap. Radio Shack, Best Buy, just everywhere. Camera shops often have them.

At 08:18 AM 8/31/2005, you wrote:

I'm probably the last person to get one, but just in case... I recently
bought a 128 M? flash drive, the second cheapest kind.  It cost about $30,
before the rebate. It's one of the most useful things I've bought in a long
time.  I work on books on 2 or 3 different computers, and this thing makes
it a snap to carry my files around.  Just stick it in the USB drive, and
I've got all I need.  Even a small one holds way more than a floppy disk,
and copies a lot faster, too.  And it's so small and cute, about the size of
a pack of gum.  I usually keep it in my Braille Lite case, so I always have
it handy.  If anyone else transfers files between different computers a lot,
I highly recommend one of these nifty things.
Tracy