[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Why Does Reloading Pages Take So Long?

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:44:49 -0500

Hi Evan,
    I'd imagine so if it were general HTML pages. We're dealing with pages that
are generated from scripts though. It's very possible that they contain code to
always push the latest version of the page to the browser in some way or form.
    I'm not entirely sure on this, but that's the best guess I can give you.
What I can tell you is to use SHIFT+Enter on a link and it will open in a new
window. Then when done, use ALT+F4 to close that window and return to your
previous window with no lag time. The only downfall is that the page isn't as
current as it could be, hardly a concern in most circumstances.

Happy faster searching!
Jake