[bksvol-discuss] OT: Watch Me On Oprah's Life Class Tonight!

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:18:30 -0500

Hi again, everyone!  Just as I pressed Send on my last email, it occurred to
me that I haven't shared my little exciting piece of news!

Two weeks ago, the Oprah Winfrey Network flew me to Toronto to be a part of
the finale of this season of Oprah's Life Class.  A while back I
unexpectedly connected with T. D. Jakes, one of the best-known ministers in
the world, on Twitter.  We established a friendship, and he told the folks
at the Oprah Winfrey Network about me.  When they found out we'd never met
in person, they flew me to Toronto to meet him on the show. It was an
amazing experience!

You can see it tonight, 8 PM EST, 5 PM PST, on OWN if you have it. If not,
you can watch on-line by going to

http://oprah.com

and going to the link for Oprah's Life Class.  I'm about to check the site
for accessibility purposes, so if I find something that needs to be worked
around for screen-reader users, I'll let you know! <Smile>  It may be kind
of fun to watch on-line. They showed it live on the day of the taping, and
everything that happened during the commercial breaks was included. It was
like being there! <Smile>  Here's a short clip that someone caught for me
during a commercial break while I was talking with Oprah and Bishop Jakes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz7pWu75wcI

Oh, and there are quite a few of T. D. Jakes's books on Bookshare, as well
as the latest from his wife, Serita Jakes.  It's called The Crossing, and
it's a fantastic read!  I could hardly put it down! <Smile>  Take care!!

Jana

PNG image