[bksvol-discuss] Re: O/T: Victor stream help

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:44:28 EST

I think that the answer to the second question is that Robert is replying to
messages by placing his reply after the quote of the message to which he is
replying. I haven't said anything about this before, even though I have noticed
it, but it is a little inconvenient to those of us who use screen readers with
synthetic voices. It is necessary to make one's way through the quote in
order to read the main message. If the reply is placed before the quote then we
can either stop reading after that reply or, if we need to be reminded of what
is being replied to, we can scroll down to read as much of the quote as we
need.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: O/T: Victor stream help
Date:
2/11/2009 8:30:43 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Shannon,

2 questions.
1st, since these errors appear as though they may be translation
mistakes, have you tried switching to grade 1 braille, as I'm
guessing you're getting them in grade 2, which I think is the
default.  You can change the settings from your account preferences
page if you want to try.
2nd, I'm hoping you are borrowing Robert's computer, or something, as
your e-mail is coming from: "Robert Riddle"
<captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>.  If not, the list server is having issues.

Dave

At 04:10 AM 2/11/2009, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>I've recently acquired a victor stream. I've found that, when I
>download the .brf
>copies of the bookshare books on to the stream, all kinds of strange
>errors occur.
>For example, er signs become ch sings, so the word her becomes hch.
>I'm wondering
>if any of you know how to fix this, or, if .brf files just aren't
>good for the stream,
>even though it says it will support them.
>Shannon
>Prolly a dumb q, but are you sure those aren't errors in the actual
>book itself, rathern than a stream error? Just thought I'd ask the
>obvious stuff first.

Nothing says I love you like flowers! Find a florist near you
now.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&amp;ncid=emlcntusyelp00000001)