[bksvol-discuss] O.T. Unwanted and unrequested phone service

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:48:58 -0400

I want to share this information to others who might pay bills with less care
and more trust than might be warranted.  I had to take care of a problem with
unwanted phone calls and while doing so I discovered that I had a voice mail
service for which I was being billed $14 a month.  Now if I needed voice mail
it would be fine but I don't need it as I am home almost 24/7 and even if I
might have needed it I did not order it.

It did not occur to me that a company could charge me for a service I did not
ask for or need and I was able to remove the service and arrange for a refund
through my phone company but I could not help but wonder how long I  might have
gone on paying without realizing that I was being robbed by a company I never
heard of. That is the last time I pay a bill without careful scrutiny, even
Bellsouth.

Amy
omsm
feeling even more stupid that usual.