[bksvol-discuss] OT Tolkien

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:53:04 -0400

    Dear Amy.

Re E. Wood, I was just pulling Ernie's chain

Re the movies, opinions of them vary among Inklings. I was mortified by the
twisting of Faramir's character in the TTT film, and numerous other alterations
and bows to market analysis and political correctness. Still I love the LOTR
movies.  When I first read the trilogy when I was a fickle 20, my crush on
Aragorn switched to Faramir shortly after he appeared. But re the books, radio
productions and films, none of us can speak for all of us, because as
individuals, we internalize art, entertainment or the world in general
differently. As Tolkien devotees or wannabee Inklings, we check in at all
points on continuums for just about every topic, speculation and detail, the
grist for keeping our dialogue fascinating.

So though our views re the movies differ, we must positively be in accord on
other Tolkien matters. The best is that you're speaking up and support building
the quality and quantity of Bookshare's Tolkien collection.

In Shirish Fellowship and

Always with love,

Lissi