[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Tech questions on Internet Explorer

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 04:26:21 -0600

Hi Katie,
I'm not sure what could be causing your IE problem. If all else fails you may want to try a system restore point. Somehow one of the users documents in the my computer area in Windows XP got changed to a completely irrelavent path on my system. I tried a restore point before I went looking to see if there was a registry value to edit, and it worked.

Your second question. Can you have multiple downloads at once. The easy answer is yes. The slightly more complex part comes in here. A server may be setup to only allow so many connections from a single IP address. I think the general default is to allow two, one for downloading and one for browsing. So you might have trouble opening multiple downloads from the same site due to server configuration, but it can be done if permitted. Opening different downloads from different sites simultaneously is allowed of course.

Jake, who is off to get some sleep *grin*
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>