[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Statue of Liberty

  • From: "Reggie & Lonnie" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:01:37 -0500

Shelley was mentioning "the Blind Man and the Elephant." Well, it's interesting how children think. When I was young I read the story, fable actually, about the mouse and the elephant. Somehow in my young mind I connected the two and as I could not see either animal and had not touched them at that point I thought that they must feel the same. I saw the elephant first so of course I thought the mouse must feel like the elephant. Now I knew it did not look like the elephant but I was sure it was rough like the hair on the elephant. Boy was I surprised when I felt my first mouse, alive by the way and a pet. I actually was afraid to touch it because I didn't like the way elephants felt. It took some coaxing to get me to believe it had fur.

Reggie