[bksvol-discuss] OT: Statue of Liberty

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:11:16 -0800 (PST)

I would think someone in New York could get one for
you if you didn't want it too large. Or maybe you
could get one on e-bay.  Here iin California there
aren't too many of that particular souveneir, but I'll
be on the lookout just in case. If I can find a model
of the Golden Gate Bridge that isn't too expensive
would you like that?

Your request reminds me of the movie The Lavender Hill
Mob, with Alec Guiness. Did you ever see it? They
stole gold bars and to "hide" them and, I think, move
them to a safe place (out of the country?) they melted
them down and made them into souveneir Eiffel Towers.
Unfortunately, somehow shipments got mixed up and the
gold ones went onto the market -- being sold. I don't
remember the details, but the movie was funny.

Cindy

-- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com