[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Southern Corn Bread Recipe

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 23:10:54 -0600

Well, you certainly have my respect and gratitude for the large and tough
projects you take on, Misha!  I feel guilty I pick easy projects, mostly teen
and some kids books with occasional sighted assistance projects.  My attention
span is questionable, though, so I do best to work on things that are pretty
darn simple.  Wink.

It is wonderful there is such a wide range of volunteers to create a diverse
library!

Valerie

On Jan 3, 2010, at 10:58 PM, Mike wrote:

> It, of course, wouldn't be "southern" cornbread without the bacon drippings.
> But the first thought I had was, "well, that's not a vegetarian cornbread
> recipe."  We could have all kinds of diet controversies even without religion
> being involved.
> And speaking of diet...with all the cookbooks on the download list, I'm
> tempted to proof one even though I am trying to lose weight.  However, the
> main reason I don't is because I already have two large non-fiction books
> that I am working on that are real time sinks (but interesting).  I am
> proofing a book on the Vietnam War called "Patriots" which has short
> interviess with a variety of people from each side (575 pages).  I am
> scanning a travel book from just before World War II about Yugoslavia called
> "Black Lamb and Grey Falcon" (1183 pages).
>
> Yes, I am fishing for sympathy.
>
> Misha
>
> Cindy wrote:
>> It would be the bacon fat. Would it work with butter or margarine or oil
>> lkeCanla, However, those of us who aren't so strict can enjoy it as it is,
>> and those who can't use bacon fat probably can find a substitute.  smile.
>> Cindy
>>
>> Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
>> books-being-scanned list available at sites below
>>

>> Wish List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List
>>
>> Books Being Scanned List:
>> https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

>>> melted)
>>> 1 cup white self rising cornmeal 1 large egg