[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Social Security

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:06:54 -0400

Three times, they've tried to hit us with an overpayment. They actually did
hit my husband with one and no one ever told him he could appeal. His
overpayment occurred while the check was still his mother's responsibility,
when he was still a minor, and no one told him he could fight it. He did
fight it and won. Then, they apparently redid their system and a similar
thing happened to me. When my Mom started working for the VA hospital as a
registered nurse back in 1989, they stopped my check because she was getting
too much money. I was still a kid back then, too, and apparently, the
paperwork wasn't filed as soon as it should have been. My Mom filed a waiver
and won, but when they redid the system, that overpayment showed up again. I
had to file another appeal...and won. When we got married, we reported it
the day after the wedding. How much more prompt do they want? <smile> We got
married in February but the paperwork wasn't processed until April, so of
course, they wanted to say we owed them again. Again, we won that one, too,
so I guess, at least up to this point, we've had pretty good luck with them.
I know that's not the norm, though. <smile> Take care.
--
Julie Morales
Skype: mercy0421 Please contact me if I may not recognize your contact info

Expand your wealth at 838gold.com

The greatest problem in communication is the illusion that it has been
accomplished.
- George Bernard Shaw

Katie Hill
Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx