[bksvol-discuss] OT: Social Scurity

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:33:27 -0700 (PDT)

I just received notice that my appeal of the fact that
I owe the SSA $4000-plus was denied. It seems that
even if we don't take retirement funds that we're
entitled to when we leave any kind of government
employment--in my case a school district and such a
minimum amount of retirement that I can't take it
monthly--the rule is that if you're entitled to it
your SS is reduced. Who knew? But rather than write a
check for a large sum I'll let them take it monthly
for a few years.

Have you appealed, Katie? Actualluy gone to an SS
office? Writing and phone calling got me no action at
all, but going to the office and talking to a person
got things in motion--even though the result was not
what I wanted or expected.

Cindy R