[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: So when I was browsing Bookshare I saw that...

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 20:21:16 -0500

When going through the list of new books, you can click on the title. This will bring up the page with all the information about the book, including the quality, and any categories that have been selected for it. However, you can't just go down through the list and see that information.

Melissa Smith

On 5/16/2011 7:59 PM, Cindy wrote:
I don't think I made myself clear. I was wondering how to find PQ additions to
the collection that didn't  have a categories checked so that I could find out
what the category should be and let Carrie or Allison or whoever is the right
person know,Does the list of New books indicate that a book is a PQ book?
Cindy

From: Melissa Smith<mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: So when I was
browsing Bookshare I saw that...
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 13, 2011, 4:33 AM
The publisher quality books are
often, if not always, submitted without any
categories
selected. I also find this very annoying. Some
time ago, I
asked here if someone would be going back and
categorizing
them, but never got a response, which I assume to
mean no.
Since there are so many publisher quality books
being
donated, people are going to miss out on a lot
without them
being categorized. When I first joined, I simply
browsed a
couple of categories that I was interested in.
Think how
much I would have missed. Now I usually do a
search for
something particular, but if I'm just looking for
an
interesting book in a particular category,
there's a good
chance I'll miss something I would have liked to
have read.
Melissa Smith

On 5/13/2011 6:16 AM, Nat Barrett wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering about something. And I
didn't know
where else to throw this out except the volunteer
list.
Anyway, just now I clicked on the new to
collection
page. I was surprised to see quite a few
publisher quality
Harlequin books.
The thing is, I didn't remember seeing them
earlier,
when I cruised through the romance category
Thursday
afternoon.
Thinking maybe they were recently added
since the date
of addition was 5/13/2011 and where I am it's
only a little
after 1 a.m. Friday morning as I type this, I
thought maybe
it was very recent.
However, I clicked to browse the romance
category
again, and I was correct. Those books I saw on
the new to
collection page were not listed in the romance
category. In
fact, when I clicked on one of the books listed
on the new
to collection page, they didn't have a category
selected at
all. Or at least, not that I saw.
Is this a simple oversight or is there a
reason for
this? I'm just a little confused because normally
when I
want a romance, I look at the romance category
page for new
additions.
I'll work through this if this is the way.
But I'm
going to find it a little more time consuming to
check out
what's done by Harlequin and what's a fiction
novel with
heavy romantic influence. If that makes sense to
everyone.
Lol.
Thanks for listening to me ramble,
Natalie
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
subject
line.  To get a list of available commands,
put the

   To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't
have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless; it is