[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Sign Language

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 23:21:42 -0700 (PDT)

I hope that the training center has changed its policy today and has instituted
Jaws on their computer so that people who are blind, deaf or deaf-blind can
communicate with each other.

  Even though you are no longer at the training center, you could go back there
and try to get the director to install the software so that the current
students can communicate more effectively.

  Before electronic material became available, I, like many of you, had to rely
on readers and if I was lucky books from RFB (before the D). Now, by
volunteering for Bookshare, we are in a new position of helping others like
college students, who don't have much time to scan, to be able to get material
quicker and more effectively. You can do the same thing at the training center
by helping to make changes in their system. It is never too late to do
something to make things better in this world.

  I think that I might try my hand (pun, Ha-Ha) at learning sign language,
again. Cheers!

  Barbara

siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Bless your heart, Monica.  I am sure the people enjoyed getting to know you
as much as they could under the circumstances.  SMILE  Also, thanks for
explaining more about ASL.

  Sue S.

  ----- Original Message -----   From: Monica Willyard