[bksvol-discuss] OT: Scouts and Camp Fire Girls

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:04:22 -0800 (PST)

I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout, and was a counselor
one summer at a Girl Scout Camp. One night when we
were camping out there was a meteor shower; we didn't
know what it was and at first were scared but it was
beautiful.

Later in life I was  District Director for the Camp
Fire Girls--one who works with the leaders helping in
monthly meetings with them and training. The job
involved being assistant director at a camp in
Northern Minnesota, and I loved it. I didn't have to
deal with a cabin full of girls all day and night but
could enjoy the ambiance.  I loved the job and the
people I worked with. When my own girls were old
enough I was a Bluebird Leader (Camp Fire equivalent
of Brownies). I liked the philisophy of Camp Fire
better than that of Girl Scouts. It was freer and more
relaxed. But both organizations are excellent.