[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Re: speech recognition?

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:29:44 -0500

Window-Eyes has scripts for the Windows speech recognition. I haven't tried it yet, as my new computer doesn't have a built in microphone, and I haven't purchased one yet.

Melissa Smith

On 10/14/2011 8:12 PM, Chela Robles wrote:
No they don't not even for open source screen readers.

On 10/14/11, Valerie Maples<vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Do they make JAWS scripts for the free speech recognition built into Windows
7?  It is not as elegant as Dragon, but very helpful.  Sure wish
accessibility had a more reasonable price tag...

Valerie

On Oct 14, 2011, at 1:56 PM, Susan Lumpkin wrote:

Hi,

Thanks but I’m aware of who they are and they are the company I was
referring to! By the time you've bought Jaws, Dragon and J-Say, you've
spent quite a bit of money!

Susan