[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Re: To Carrie

  • From: <vining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:38:15 -0800

True, but couldn't one then at least write a long synopsis, and make a note
that there is one available in the short synopsis field? "see long synopsis"
or somesuch? Yes, it's still an extra step to have to click on the title to
see it, but at least the option is there. I tend not to read books which
have no synopsis, if I'm not already familiar with the author, and I'm
probably missing some very good reads.

I agree though, having some way to check the length of the short synopsis
would be so helpful! I worked on one yesterday that took about six tries
before being short enough.

Joanie

From: "Mary Otten"
> another possible interpretation for the lack of synopsis may be that the
originator or the validator ran into the 200 character limit and got
disgusted. I know some people think its no big deal to make a meaningful
> synopsis fit into 200 characters, and for them, maybe it isn't. But if
you've tried writing one and been bitten by the "your synopsis is too long"
message multiple times fort the same book, you might come to understand
> why somebody could get discouraged.  I sure hope that when improvements
are made to the submission form, something is done about that text field
where one enters the short synopsis, so that we knoe in advance