[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Re: To Carrie

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:44:00 -0600

another possible interpretation for the lack of synopsis may be that the
originator or the validator ran into the 200 character limit and got disgusted.
I know some people think its no big deal to make a meaningful
synopsis fit into 200 characters, and for them, maybe it isn't. But if you've
tried writing one and been bitten by the "your synopsis is too long" message
multiple times fort the same book, you might come to understand
why somebody could get discouraged.  I sure hope that when improvements are
made to the submission form, something is done about that text field where one
enters the short synopsis, so that we knoe in advance
when we've hit the end and don't have to find out the hard way.
mary