[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Re: Re: Sam's cooking gear

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:35:40 -0400

Folks,

I missed some mail not the pans or the conies.  I did not say fissures or holes
or whatever you wish because I prefer being exact which is why I did not
specify the place where the gear was left but I did remember the conies and the
pans.  If you were to see my paperbacked copies of the books, and even my
hardbacked copies, you would see annotations on almost every pages representing
only the recent readings of the quarted.  I did not think I would have to give
my credentials again but I have read the books every year since 1969 and have
not resisted writing new ideas or connections that come to mind.  I have taught
the books to college students in both lit. and writing courses as well as one
group of post graduate students and faculty and have examined it  from many
differents points of view.I did not want to specify one detail which I could
not immediately recall but I did not want to offer incorrect information.  My
books are available but not easily at the moment and I just could not make them
available without more work that I thought the discussion warranted with all of
you Tolkienites able to do the research more readily than I.  As for Sam's
pans, until we sit down together and discuss the question with him I don't
think there is much more to say except that stewed conies, even if cooked by
Sam, is not a taste I would wish to acquire as I would have an image of Peter
Cottontail in my mind's eye and would choke on them.

Enough said, I hope.

Any