[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Re: PackMate?

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:31:23 -0700

Hello Kasondra,

On the Jaws, I think you are right that XP professional and Win2k both need
the upgrade. I got the upgrade through work because we were using 2000 and
now XP. Though there are a couple of unit in the line that have XP home
standard and I am sure you could order it with that. I have exp Professional
on this computer.

For your drooling pleasure I was able to locate the complete description.

VGN-T360P/L
VAIOR T Series Notebook PC

Feature-packed. Distinctive. The premium, ultra-portable personal
computer.

DESIGNED FOR THE AGILITY AND FUNCTIONALITY A MOBILE PROFESSIONAL
REQUIRES.

The VAIOR T Notebook is ultra-lightweight, ultra-portable, and impressively
equipped. With enhanced
battery life9 it has the stamina to power you through your most demanding
applications. It's also remarkably
comfortable to use, with a generous 10.6" widescreen display with Sony's
original XBRITET LCD
technology. Enhanced wireless capabilities, including integrated wireless
Wide Area Network (WAN)3
technology and 802.11 b/g wireless LAN4 , maximize your efficiency and
productivity when you're on-the-go.

MORE THAN JUST PORTABLE -A TRULY MOBILE WIRELESS COMPANION.

True mobility is about broad access, just as much as it is about slim,
lightweight design. And the VAIOR T
Notebook is taking that access farther than ever before. With integrated
wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)3
technology, you can access the Cingular Wireless National EDGE Network to
extend your wireless coverage
beyond LAN access networks and hotspots. The VAIOR T Notebook gives you the
freedom to go farther, do
more, and stay connected.

SONY'S ORIGINAL SMARTWIT TECHNOLOGY.

SmartWiT technology seamlessly integrates wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)3
, 802.11b/g wireless LAN4
and BluetoothR5 technologies. Now you can quickly and easily toggle among
your wireless connectivity
options depending on your surroundings.

SMART DISPLAY SENSOR.

Smart Display Sensor makes connecting to a compatible external projector or
display easy and worry-free. It
automatically senses and selects the appropriate input for your external
device and adjusts the video output
to an optimized resolution, starting your presentations off with an
effortless air of professionalism.

SUPERIOR WIDESCREEN DISPLAY.

The VAIOR T Notebook comes with a 10.6" widescreen display with Sony's
original XBRITET LCD
technology. It provides brilliant colors, sharp contrasts and crisp images
to help you deliver high-quality,
professional presentations. And, with the anti-reflective coating to
minimize reflection, you're assured an
exceptionally clear image from any viewing angle.

The VAIOR T Notebook is truly ultra-portable at less than 3.1 lbs and 1"
thin,
long battery life9 and integrated 802.11 b/g wireless LAN4 . And, with
integrated wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)3 technology, you can access
the Cingular Wireless National EDGE Network to extend your wireless
coverage beyond LAN access networks and hotspots.

VAIOR T Series Notebook PC
VGN-T360P/L
Hardware

Processor

IntelR PentiumR M Processor Ultra Low Voltage 753
(1.20GHz1 , 2MB L2 Cache)

Front Side Bus Speed

400MHz

Chipset

IntelR 855GME

Integrated Wireless WAN

Integrated Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)3 accessing Cingular
Wireless National EDGE Network with SmartWiT technology
(Wireless WAN and Wireless LAN radio do not transmit
simultaneously)

Integrated Wireless LAN

IntelR PRO/ Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (802.11b/g)4

BluetoothR

Integrated BluetoothR Technology5

LCD

10.6" WXGA display (1280x768) with XBRITET technology

Hard Drive

60GB2 (4200rpm) Ultra ATA

Memory

1GB PC-2100 333MHz DDR (512 MB x 2) (Expandable to 1GB)

Graphics

IntelR 855GME Chipset Integrated Graphics
64MB Video RAM (shared w/ Main Memory)

Graphics Interface

VGA out w/ Smart Display Sensor

Optical Drive

CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive
CD-RW
-R Write (24x MAX); -RW Write (24x MAX)
DVD-ROM
DVD Read (8x MAX); CD Read (24x MAX)

Modem

Integrated V.90 modem (RJ-11)

Ethernet

10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet with RJ-45 interface

Audio

WindowsR sound system compatible
DolbyR Headphone & DolbyR Virtual Speaker
Built-in stereo speakers

Audio Interface

Monaural mini-jack microphone
Stereo mini-jack headphone

Memory StickR Media Slot

Supports optional Memory StickR, Memory Stick PROT media7

Other Interfaces

RJ-11 modem jack, 1 4pin i.LINKR8 (IEEE 1394) interface, 2 USB
2.0, RJ-45 Ethernet, VGA output, headphone (stereo), monaural
mini-jack microphone

PC Card Slots

One PCMCIA -Type II/Type I card slot with CardBus support

Pointing Device

Electro-Static touch pad

Keyboard

QWERTY, 82 keys with 1.7mm stroke and 17mm pitch

Action Buttons

Estimated Battery Life

4-9 hours9,13

Weight

3.04 lbs. with standard battery (weight is approximate and may
vary)
Dimensions

10.7"(W) X 1"-1.34"(H) X 8.1"(D)

Color

Midnight Blue

Supplied Accessories
Cingular SIM Card
Lithium-ion Battery (VGP-BPS3A)
AC Adapter (VGP-AC16V8)
Power Cord

Optional Accessories
Additional standard battery (VGP-BPS3A)
Additional AC adapter (VGP-AC16V8)
Port Replicator (VGP-PRT1)
Additional 512MB memory expansion module (VGP-MM512I)
External 60GB2 Hard Drive (PCGA-HDM06)
Memory Card Adapter10 (VGP-MCA10)
USB mobile mouse (PCGA-UMS3/B/S)
Wireless optical mouse (PCGA-WMS5/S)
External USB floppy disk drive (VGP-UFD1)
Privacy Filter (VGP-FL10)
Wireless keyboard and mouse (VGP-WKB1)
Slim carrying case (PCGA-CCB2)
Large carrying case (PCGA-CCGX)
Notebook Briefcase (PCGA-CCV)
USB Camera (PCGA-UVC11A)
Notebook backpack (PCGA-CCP3/H, /G, /R, /L)
Notebook protection case (PCGA-CCTR/J, CCTR/L)

Software

Operating System

MicrosoftR WindowsR XP Professional with Service Pack 2

Sony Original Software
SmartWiT Connection Utility
VAIO ZoneT with WinDVDT
DVGate PlusT -Digital Video
SonicStageR -Digital Music
SonicStageR Mastering Studio software with MP3 encoder
PictureGear StudioT -Digital Photo
VAIO MediaT -Network File Sharing
Image Converter -PSP Transfer

Other Software Applications
IntuitR QuickenR 2005 New User Edition
InterVideoR WinDVDR
MicrosoftR Works 8.0 -Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Calendar,
Scheduling, Contact Management and Database
MicrosoftR OfficeR 2003 60-Day Trial Small Business Edition

Anti-Virus and Recovery Software
Norton Internet SecurityT 90-Day Subscription -Norton
AntiVirusR, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Privacy Control,
Norton AntiSpamR, Norton Parental Control
IntermuteT SpySubtractT 30-Day Subscription
SonyR VAIOR Update
SonyR VAIOR Recovery Wizard
SonyR VAIOR Control Center

Internet Services

AOL OnlineT 90-day Trial -New Users Only