[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Raising Cats

  • From: "maithe007" <maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:12:07 -0500

Hi Lora,

One way I control my kitties' hair problem is bathing them.  They get a bath
once every two weeks.  This seems to control the excessive shedding.  Also, the
food needs to be well-balanced.  Go with a better brand of cat food.  My mom
had been giving her cats a cheaper brand and her cats were shedding everywhere.
 As soon as we changed their food, that excessive shedding stopped.

Another tool I use is the glove which is actually a brush.  You put this glove
on and massage your kitty.  As you are doing this, all the loose hair is being
trapped by this glove.  Once you are done giving your baby a massage, you just
peal-off the hair and dump it into the garbage. *G*

I do this as I have five cats and one huge dog.  I know the problem of shedding
and for this reason, we also have plenty of rollers to collect any hair our
babies have left on our clothing. *G*  Hope all of this info helped!

Hugs,

Maithe