[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Overly Helpful People

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 05:12:09 -0700

I don't mind, "Are you all right?" though I like it less than the other
questions.  However, it wouldn't really annoy me.  And on the street,
people's comments just roll off me.  "Mommy, there's a blind woman there,"
or "Oh, why does she have funny eyes?" (I have glaucoma so my eyes look
filmy and strange, and I don't wear dark glasses), just don't bother me.  In
truth, if I hear a parent misinforming a child about blindness, I'm likely
to stop and correct them.