[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Off-topic conversations

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:19:44 -0500

I'm not against a little extra discussion, but I'm getting a bit over welmed as well. My suggestion for cutting down on postings just a little is for everyone to read all messages they have recieved before posting replies. That way all points on a particular toppic that they want to mention can be compiled in one comprehensive message. There is no need to reply to each individual that writes to you separately, and if you should want to do so, please write to them directly off list. You will be able to find their address if you look in the properties of the message.

I do understand that if you keep up with your mail you will send a message and immediately get another you wish to reply to at times. That's okay. We just don't need 50 messages saying the same thing from almost everyone on the list ranging in times from immediately to days and days later. That is unless the messages are basically an unofficial servay in which case the number of messages saying the same thing is the whole point. :-)

Also, please, try to remember to remove the OT from the subject line when the message wanders back on toppic as they often do. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity