[bksvol-discuss] OT: Office (was Re: Re: OT Dogs)

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 05:33:24 -0700

You can get OpenOffice for free. However, I do not know how accessible it is, as I got my PC with M$ Office already installed. But if you are having trouble affording Microsoft's exorbitant price for their product, you should at least investigate this free alternative. It creates and reads Word files, so you should have no trouble reading doc files and reading and creating rtf files for Bookshare. All this assumes it will talk, or that you can access it by however you accessed Microsoft Office when you had it. I would think that it should not be difficult to find out if this is accessible to you. At the worst, since it is free, you can install it and see what happens. If it is not accessible, you can uninstall it and be out no money, just the time you spent installing and uninstalling it. Maybe someone here knows about it and can tell you straight off and save you any wasted time.

HTH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phyllis Stevens" <catlady1949@xxxxxxxxxxx>