[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: O C R software opinions needed

  • From: "Angie Matney" <Angie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:40:41 -0400

Hi,

I have used the latest versions of both OmniPage and Finereader. In my
experience, Finereader does a bbetter job
and is more intuitive with a screen reader. I have run them both over the same
pdf file to compare results. I have
also used both with the Fujitsu FI-5220C scanner. I used OmniPage for years,
and it's a good program. But ABBYY
Finereader does seem to have better OCR capabilities, and I am now a full
convert. (grin)

Angie

--Original Message Text---
From: Nancy Hill
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:36:14 -0400

Message Hi All,

I would appreciate  some feedback about different O C R software products.  I
am interested if
anyone uses either the Fine Reader or OmniPage, or any of the other O C R
software that is
available.    I would like to hear your opinions on what you have used and the
good points and
bad you have encountered using them

I am already leaning toward a  scanner, but am waiting to make my purchase
until I have
gathered a bit more info about it.

Thanks for your help.

Nancy Hill