[bksvol-discuss] OT: Norton antivirus

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:36:11 -0800 (PST)

When I told my husband about all the complaints I've
been reading here about Norton, he explained that
Peter Norton sold out to Symantec. When Norton started
and ran Norton, it was a good antivirus and disk
repair program. We used it all the time with our Mac,
i.e., ran the disk doctor and repair when our computer
began to work more slowly than normal, and I used the
antivirus, too, though I didn't have it running
continuously because that was annoying.

Then, apparently, after Symantec bought it, it didn't
work for Macs any more--and you all are having
problems with it. My husband says that Symantec
apparently doesn't have the software engineers who are
has "good" as the ones that worked formerly for Norton
and they don't keep up with the many changes of OSes
the Mac, at least, goes through--and probably the PCs,
too.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/