[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Nora Roberts' pen name

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:01:18 -0400

I also noticed a book called Time and Again on a best seller list from a month of so ago. I thought this book came out over fifteen years ago. The book I am thinking about is a time travel book. Anyone know the book I mean? What gives?

E.
At 08:10 PM 8/10/2006, you wrote:

Discovered a curious thing today. I was chopping up a book at the office and one of the back pages had an ad for a Nora Roberts book. It said "A Berkley Paperback Coming in July 1995. New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts writing as D. J. MacGregor - Naked in Death. Eve Dallas is a New York police lieutenant blah blah blah"

Anyone spot the discrepancy there? I know Gerald will get it instantly. For those of you unfamiliar with Nora Roberts' In Death series, every one of them has the author's name listed as J. D. Robb, not D. J. MacGregor. They must have put the ad in the book and then later changed her pen name from MacGregor to Robb.

(By the way, Bookshare has the complete set of the In Death books.)

Carrie

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.