[bksvol-discuss] OT: Nora Roberts' pen name

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:10:39 -0700 (PDT)

Discovered a curious thing today.  I was chopping up a book at the office and
one of the back pages had an ad for a Nora Roberts book.  It said "A Berkley
Paperback Coming in July 1995. New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts
writing as D. J. MacGregor - Naked in Death. Eve Dallas is a New York police
lieutenant blah blah blah"

  Anyone spot the discrepancy there?  I know Gerald will get it instantly.  For
those of you unfamiliar with Nora Roberts' In Death series, every one of them
has the author's name listed as J. D. Robb, not D. J. MacGregor.  They must
have put the ad in the book and then later changed her pen name from MacGregor
to Robb.

  (By the way, Bookshare has the complete set of the In Death books.)

  Carrie