[bksvol-discuss] OT: Nichole's surgery and email

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:51:17 -0500

I just wanted to let everyone know that my e-mail access will be much more
sporadic in the next couple of weeks. Nichole and I leave for Shreveport
tomorrow at lunchtime, and we could be gone for up to two weeks. She is having
the major surgery, a spinal fusion, from the base of her neck (T2 for the
people who know what that means) through L5 (near the tailbone). The fact that
it is 400 miles away from home and that Doug is staying at home makes it even
more complex.

I am packed up with some proofreading projects and Nichole has downloaded many
books from BARD and Bookshare. Hopefully we will keep busy, not have any
surprises, and be able to keep up on our e-mail somewhat. It will be tough
without speech recognition, but I hope it goes smoothly.

If someone needs help on one of my projects, please expect slight delays in
replies. Any prayers and well wishes will be greatly appreciated! Feel free to
contact me off list or to get updates from her Caringbridge page.

Take care!
Valerie

send a blank Email to